Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Unicorn on Speed Dial


Jane was on the other side of this chasm over a pit of lava and she wanted me to jump across, screaming, "You'll only NOT make it if you don't believe in yourself!"  So I tried to leap across this like, 30 foot gap and grasp onto one of the outcroppings of the far ledge... but I fell short and missed. So I died a fiery death.

Then I got reset and tried again.  This time I managed to grab a hold but then the rest of my body fell into the lava.  Died again while she pried my grasping hands away from the ledge...  Then I got one more try and I made it! So we ran into this rift in dimensional time and space to escape from Other World where I had reigned supreme.

I emerged in a bell tower in London where I was trying to stop a bell made of heavy pirate ship sails from crashing to the ground a mile up by holding onto this rope attached to the falling bell.  This seemed like the worst way to do it so I decided to go up close and personal and just physically move the bell onto safer ground.  I asked a US Marine who was conveniently standing by to hold the rope while I scaled the tower.  And then I remembered my fear of heights (shaddup).  Somehow I slowly managed to crawl my way around the outside awnings a mile above the ground, pretty much curled up into a mewling ball of irrational terror the entire time, and I drew the pirate ship sail bell into the protected tower.


In celebration, my dad showed up and drove me and Jane to this place we used to go to as kids and to buy plants and I was overcome with nostalgia.  We went to this ballroom area where he started dancing the tango with Jane, but then morphed into this purple blob monster and started to devour her while I tried to fend him off by transforming into what can only be described as a purple Fozzie Bear...  

Dad as a purple blob monster enveloped us.  This turned out to be a good thing as we were protected from a wave of destruction that washed through the land and transported back to Other World.  Seemingly, Empress Fran had taken over and constructed an army of droid robots with us plopped in the middle of an outdoor assembly line. Luckily I had my Unicorn pal on speed dial and he flies in while Jane hops into her tech battle suit.  However, before I can hop onto Unicorn's back, he's stolen away from me and mind controlled by some evil prankster dude (let's call him Creeper) and they go flying across the countryside.


We all take flight and pursue Creeper and Unicorn, but he turns his ride around and uses Unicorn's laser beam shooting eyes against us.  Dodging and weaving, we catch up to him and try to wrest Unicorn from Creeper's control, but Fran herself shows up and transports us to a campfire site where Captain America and Noob Saibot are awaiting the arrival of Jane, my dad, and me: the rest of their team.  Versus us was a zombie-Nightwing (older Robin), a tangle of darkness and writhing vines, an army of droids, Unicorn, Creeper, and the magical empress Fran.

We fought bravely, but in the end Fran uses her powers to try to cast Ultima on us, spelling our demise... but Unicorn shakes off his mind control and sacrifices himself to turn back time to before the battle where we're able to recuperate and formulate a plan.  Noob Saibot says that in order to defeat the empress, we must seek out the waterbender Naomi, saying, "She is the savant who will bring about the end of an era."


Finding Naomi on the side of a road in a desert, apart from a group of other waterbenders looking all forlorn, we tell her of our plight and she joins us (dumbass).  Arriving again at the campsite, she runs in to face the empress and her henchmen head on.  Immediately she engages the empress, encasing her in a prison of solid pink ice (super super powerful ice), pulling her into the air and distracting her from taking part in the battle.  My dad and Jane do away with the army of droids while Captain America engages the black vine monster and Noob Saibot tackles zombie-Nightwing.  I jump around from foe to foe, helping my allies and keeping Naomi supported while she tackles the empress's will to escape.

Captain America plunges his shield into the belly of the vine beast and it dies because it is allergic to vibranium metal.  Noob Saibot uses his shadow self to imprison zombie-Nightwing and slams him down into the ground (and through the ground) over and over, inflicting crippling blows and trying to rip the zombie's head from his body.  However, the head keeps reattaching itself.  The empress breaks free of Naomi's encasement and turns to flee but is pinned and arrested by my dad as a purple blob monster, Jane in her tech battle suit, and me without a shirt brandishing a pointy sword.  After Noob Saibot severs zombie-Nightwing's head from its body again, Naomi encases the head in the same pink ice and throws it a billion miles away into space.  All rejoice as the queen has been captured and her minions have been destroyed!

...

Then I woke up and it was still raining.

Photo Credits: Lava PitFozzieUnicornWaterbender

No comments:

Post a Comment