Friday, May 11, 2012

Starships Were Meant To Fly

This dream was from a couple years back

It was a super nice day.  Wind rushing through the tall green grasses of an open field with a few white fluffy clouds floating in the blue sky, but not enough to hide the glorious yellow sun, feeling all content and peaceful and all that warm fuzzy goodness brought on by a perfect day.  So what's a guy to do during a day like this?  "Eff this shiznit, I'm going SKYDIVING!... without a parachute!!" (I'm totally hxc like that). The thought was exhilarating to no end and I found myself up strapped up in a helicopter screaming and laughing maniacally like it was the best roller coaster ride ever.  Then I jumped.


Sadly, I don't remember the actual fall but it must have been spectacular.  Splattering on impact seems like the most logical next step in this progression of events, but instead I landed hard on my back, distantly acknowledging that I had broken pretty much all my bones and taking in a gorgeous view of the blue skies and rolling hills before succumbing to my demise.


I became conscious again about 10,000 years in the future when they had invented a copying/printing machine with the ability to resurrect people from the dead as long as you had their picture in full color.  As I leapt out of the copier/printer machine I exclaimed "Holy crap this is pretty sick!" (you try being eloquent after you've been dead for 10,000 years) before noticing that all my closest buds were popping out of the copier/printer after me.  BEST DAY EVER


I forgot to mention that this copier/printer/resurrection machine was aboard a starship cruising through space.  Oh, and that the spaceship also had a mall to blow the minds of all malls currently in existence.  First up on the agenda: future shopping.  After spending a bit of time hanging out, catching up on how we all died, and wondering why everyone looked the same age (it was because they only resurrected people in the youthful prime of their lives, but with all the memories from their entire lives intact. Damned convenient), I facepalmed hard.  "What the hell are we doing? I'm in freaking outer space. I should probably take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity"  So we donned space suits in this obscenely elaborate hangar bay and caught some breathtaking close-up views of some stars and the surrounding nebula (... we higher than a mothafuckaaaa!!)

...

Then I woke up thinking... I don't even remember. Too long ago

Photo Credits: SkyCopy MachineStarship

No comments:

Post a Comment